Step 1: Access to IT services at OsloMet
To access the IT services at OsloMet you must activate your IT user account.
Once it is activated, you get access to OsloMet’s wireless network, Studentweb, your student e-mail in Office 365, the e-learning system Canvas, printing, and access to 1TB storage in OneDrive in Office 365 among other things.
To activate your user account:
- Wait to receive the email “OsloMet: Activate your IT user account” containing your username (s+ student number) and PIN code.
- Go to: Manage your IT account.
- Choose "Activate your user account"
- Log in with the username and PIN code that you received in the email “OsloMet: Activate your IT user account”.
- Read and accept the security message.
- Create your own personal password for your account.
Your username and personal password will apply to all IT services at OsloMet.
For international students
If you do not receive your activation email within 15 December / 15 July please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Send questions about your password or PIN code to our IT helpdesk, BIT@oslomet.no
Step 2: Registration and payment of fees
All students need to register and, if applicable, pay a semester fee (Erasmus and bilateral exchange students are excempt).
Deadline for semester registration and payment
- 1 September in the autumn semester.
- 1 February in the spring semester.
The deadline is strict. You will lose your student status if you do not register and pay within the deadline. See below for more information on the semester fee.
How to complete the semester registration
- Log on to Studentweb using Feide with your username (s+ student number) and password you created (it can take up to 24 hours after you have activated your account for it to work)
- Follow the 'Start Registration' link in Studentweb and complete all the steps. For guidance, see Studentweb step by step instructions
- For most students a confirmation of your individual education plan is part of the registration.
New student without an address in Norway?
Use the OsloMet Section for Internationalisation address until you get your own address:
OsloMet Section for Internationalisation
PO box 4, St Olavs Plass
Once you have your own address you should update it in Studentweb.
Payment of semester fee
Who needs to pay the semester fee and what is it?
- Full time degree students must pay the mandatory fee each semester.
- Students on an exchange programme (e.g. Erasmus+) are exempt from paying the semester fee.
How do I pay?
- Find your payment details in Studentweb: choose “Payment” in the menu, and write down the KID number and account number.
- Use the payment details to fill out a 'giro' form at your local bank or post office, or pay the fee online using internet banking.
Read through the Studentweb step-by-step instructions.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, send an email to email@example.com.
Semester Card and student ID-card
You will need a semester card and a student ID-card.
What is the semester card?
The semester card proves that you are a student at OsloMet the current semester and that you have paid the semester fee which means you have the right to study at OsloMet, to follow lectures and sit for examinations.
What is the student ID-card?
The student ID-card functions as an access card to the buildings on campus and as a library card, so always carry the student ID-card while you are on university grounds.
Your student ID-card is only valid as a student ID outside of OsloMet if you also have your semester card and you need both cards to buy and use travel tickets with a student discount (e.g. at Ruter or NSB).
The pincode you receive when picking up your card can be used to access buildings after hours and during weekends.
How do I get my semester card?
You can get your semester card either as
- an app on your smartphone or
- as a paper card
You do not automatically receive a paper semester card. If you want one, you will need to order one through Studentweb. It will be sent to you by post and can take up to 7 days to arrive.
Read more about the student ID app
How do I get my student ID-card?
Get your student ID-card at the Card Centre at the beginning of the semester. Please note that you will have to complete the semester registration and pay the semester fee before you contact the Card Centre.
Students at Campus Kjeller or Sandvika will be contacted about the issuing procedures.
To save time
- Please bring ID when collecting your student card.
- If you have an old student ID card, please bring it along and we will either reactivate it or issue a new card.
If you have questions about either your Student ID-card or your semester card, please contact the Student Service Centre at your Campus.