Welcome to OsloMet! Here you will find all you need to know about starting your studies.
Have you accepted your offer?
You must accept the offer of admission in Søknadsweb within the given deadline. Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you have accepted your offer, but are unable to participate in the programme. Remember to include your application number in the email.
It is mandatory to attend the first day of class, as you will be registering on this day. If you do not attend, your admission to study will be revoked.
The Master's programme has two start up dates:
If you have your educational background from outside the department of Product Design at OsloMet, you will need to attend a mandatory course on HSE (Health, Security and Environment) to be certified to use our workshop facilities and machines.
The HSE course starts 8th of August at 10:00. Please note that you will also have to attend the registration on August 16th, when the academic year starts up (details below)
Remember a valid ID for your new student card.
If you graduated with a BA at the department of Product Design your start-up date is August 16th.
- Time: Tuesday August 16th at 11.00 in room H105 at Campus Kjeller (remember a valid ID if you need a new student card). You will be met by fellow students who will lead the way.
- Most new students must register their attendance digitally. If this applies to you, you will receive a sms with more information just before the first day of study.
Program August 16th
- 11:00 Lunch. You will get to meet your fellow students, some of the staff and your “study buddies”, room H105 at Campus Kjeller.
- 12:00 Welcome ceremony at Product Design in room H105
- 13:00: Gathering with your course leader and buddies where more information will be given, at MA base room
- Between 13:30 and 14:00 Busses leave for the university's Welcome ceremony in Oslo. Your buddies will lead the way
- 15:00 OsloMet's Welcome ceremony in the park at St. Hanshaugen in Oslo.
See map and find rooms at campus Kjeller (mazemap.com).
Checklist for new students
Access to OsloMet's systems
You will receive a username, activation password and pin code by e-mail and SMS the week before the start of your studies. If you have not received this before the first day of study, you must contact your faculty.
After you have received this, you must activate your user account, and 24 hours after this you can log in to student.oslomet.no to find your personal schedule and shortcuts to all the tools you need in your everyday study.
Sick the first day and exemption
If you are not able to attend the first day due to illness or other compelling reasons, you must apply for an postponed study start. Please send an application to email@example.com
Date and time of when you will be able to attend.
You can apply for exemption from a course or an examination if you have already passed an equivalent course/examination. It is not possible to apply for exemption before you start your studies.
Classes, groups and session dates
Lectures during your first semester can be found under Schedule further up on this page.