Emneplan forBAL3100 Integration and Challenges of Modern Society
This course covers the main topics concerning societal integration and societal trends in modern society. What are the basic disadvantages of a highly modern integrated society? What is political development and the role of the work? In this course the students are invited to reflect on these and other questions related to these topics.
The student has knowledge of
- basic questions related to integration
- questions and problems concerning modernity
- questions concerning state, bureaucracy, and nation building
- the meaning of work in the New Capitalism
The student is able to
- reflect on the relationship between political development and the state
- reflect on what constitutes racism
- analyze empirical knowledge and discuss questions related to the development of national building
- consider the central arguments for and against societal integration
- consider the views on the role of work in New Capitalism
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The subject is organized into lectures, and discussions.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Vurdering og eksamen
The examination consists of a 5 hours written school exam. This can be written in English or Norwegian.
Graded scale A-F.
The exam will be assessed by an evaluation committee consisting of both an internal and an external examiner.
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Integration and Challenges of Modern Society
- Høst: Oslo Business School, Exchange Programme / Årsstudium i organisasjon og ledelse / Bachelorstudium i administrasjon og ledelse i offentlig virksomhet
- 10 stp.
- HØST 2018
- Høst 2018: Oslo Business School, Exchange Programme / Årsstudium i organisasjon og ledelse / Bachelorstudium i administrasjon og ledelse i offentlig virksomhet