Studieinfo emne ØASØK2000 2019 HØST
Emneplan forØASØK2000 Mikroøkonomi II
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Microeconomics II
Høst: Bachelorstudium i økonomi og administrasjon / Oslo Business School, Exchange Programme
- 7.5 stp.
The course is an intermediate course in Microeconomics built on the introductory course in Microeconomics I. The course takes an analytical approach to study microeconomics. It intends to develop rigorous, logical reasoning to understand economic concepts. While a majority of the economic theories are treated verbally and graphically, simple models based on elementary calculus are also introduced to examine certain economic issues in detail.
The course builds on the introductory course in Microeconomics I
The student has knowledge of
- the basic economic theories explaining behaviours of consumers and firms
- the market structure
- the economics of information
- game theory in analysing strategic behaviour
- the applications of behavioural economics
The student can
- use economic concepts to explain consumer and firms- behaviour
- use economic reasoning to discuss economic policies
- formulate and analyse strategic interactions
The student can
- develop insights to critically address economic issues
- engage in analytical discussions of economic policies
- Market structure
- Perfect competition
- Market power
- Game theory
- Imperfect competition
- Information economics
- Behavioural economics
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The course material is discussed in lectures.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Vurdering og eksamen
A written 4-hour exam will be held at the end of the semester.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
A list of reference aids allowed will be published on our website.
Letter grading A-F.
The instructor and an external examiner will grade the exam.