Studieinfo emne ØAADM3200 2023 HØST
ØAADM3200 Negotiations Emneplan
- Engelsk emnenavn
Bachelorstudium i økonomi og administrasjon / Bachelorstudium i økonomi og administrasjon, for siv.øk.
- 7.5 stp.
Negotiation is a well know method of problem solving in all organisations. This course is highly practical in nature, and the major objective is simply for students to improve their negotiation skills. Negotiation is studied as a process and how this can be organised as effectively as possible. The first part of the course will cover negotiation theory and the second part of the course will illustrate theory through role plays and other student activities. Students will also be given an introduction to influencing methods.
Language of instruction is English.
After completing the course, the student should have the following overall learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- can describe basic theories of negotiation and under which circumstances negotiation is a proper problem solving tool
- is familiar with the interrelationship between negotiation and other social sciences like economics, psychology and anthropology
- is familiar with the concept of Nash equilibrium and how this is relevant in negotiations
- is familiar with effective use of debate in negotiation
- is familiar with tricks and ploys used in negotiation and how to protect oneself from such
- is familiar with influencing methods
- can prepare effectively ahead of negotiations
- can practice effective debate and proposal techniques
- can reflect on ethical behaviour in negotiations
- can solve negotiation problems in groups
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
About 20 hours of teaching and exercises. In addition there will be 2 full days of practical negotiation training and 1 full day influencing training.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
No coursework requirements or compulsory activities.
Vurdering og eksamen
The exam in the course is a supervised exam of 4 hours.
The exam will partly be based on a case study which will be made available about 1 week ahead of the exam date.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
The following aids are permitted:
- One dictionary: Native language-English/English-native language or English-English
Grade scale A - F
The exam papers are assessed by one internal and one external examiner.
At least 25% of the exam papers will be assessed by two examiners. The grades awarded for the papers assessed by two examiners form the basis for determining the level for all the exam papers.