Studieinfo emne ØAADM3000 2023 HØST
ØAADM3000 International Marketing Emneplan
- Engelsk emnenavn
- International Marketing
Bachelorstudium i økonomi og administrasjon / Bachelorstudium i økonomi og administrasjon, for siv.øk. / Oslo Business School, Exchange Programme
- 7.5 stp.
International marketing - "the process of focusing the resources and objectives of an organization on international marketing opportunities" (Keegan, 2002) - is an arena of increasing interest and concern throughout the world. The students will acquire an understanding of the essentials of international marketing management that extends the basic principles of marketing and strategy that they are already familiar with.
The textbook and articles offer a theoretical framework and platform for the course, while many of the class sessions will emphasize the practical aspects of international marketing.
Language of instruction is English.
The course builds on knowledge from foundation courses in Marketing and in Corporate Strategy, and assumes that students are familiar with basic models and terminology from these courses.
After completing the course, the student should have the following overall learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has broad knowledge of the international market environment,
- has knowledge of internationalisation theories
- has knowledge of information systems and market research involved in analyzing and selecting international markets
- can make informed choices concerning entry modes and strategic alliances
- understands how the "4 P's" in an international setting
- can use relevant theories and methods of analysis to solve cases involving typical international marketing decisions.
- the student can choose and apply relevant theory and models in order to select markets to enter
- the student can use relevant theory and models to analyze international markets and select the appropriate mode of entry
The student can
- present case analysis and recommendations in class and provide other students with feedback on their presentations
- review and convey the content of academic journal articles
- discuss the key topics in this domain and thus contribute to others' learning and development
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The course material is presented through lectures, and in-class case discussions. Students are expected to participate in class discussions on both case analyses and article reviews.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
No coursework requirements or compulsory activities
Vurdering og eksamen
The exam in the course is a supervised exam of 4 hours.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
All aids are permitted, as long as the rules for source referencing are complied with.
Grade scale A - F
The exam papers are assessed by one internal and one external examiner.
At least 25% of the exam papers will be assessed by two examiners. The grades awarded for the papers assessed by two examiners form the basis for determining the level for all the exam papers.