Studieinfo emne MAPDPRA 2022 HØST
MAPDPRA Practical Training Emneplan
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Practical Training
Masterstudium i produktdesign – design for kompleksitet
- 20 stp.
Design competence are requested and found valuable in many different professional arenas in society today. Thus requires that design student`s needs to develop their knowledge, skills and general competences in different professional environments through working with a variety of tasks and projects in collaboration with designers and professionals from different fields.
Admission to the Master's programme.
After completing the course, the student is expected to have achieved the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- knows how to adjust and implement design knowledge into a dynamic and professional environment
- understands the organizational structures and roles within a business, public or private institution or organization
- can work with projects under pressure from deadlines and given design project criterias
- can collaborate professionally with work colleagues, team members, clients etc. on a design brief/project
- manage to critically reflect on experiences gained from the practical training in relation to own learning
- has developed an understanding about the role to come as a professional designer, different possibilities within the discipline and own preferences.
- Project work
- Collaborative processes
- Independent work
- Reflective practice
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The students will complete practical training in a design business, public institution or organization over a period of twelve weeks. During this time, students will take part in professional projects. Practice will be related to reflecting processes and theory through course assignments. Guidance will come from both the staff working at the place of practical training as well as the University teaching staff.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
The following required coursework must be approved before the student can take the exam:
- 2 written and visual reflection notes
Vurdering og eksamen
Completion of a three months full-time practical and a written report highlighting work and process carried out at the location of the practical placement.
The examination result can be appealed.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
One internal. External examiner is used periodically.