Emneplan forMALKA221 Complex Systems and Risk Management
Coursework requirements from MALK 4000-401, 4000- 402, MALKA 211 and 212 or equivalent must be approved to participate and submit coursework requirements in MALKA221.
On successful completion of the course, the student has the following learning outcomes
classified as knowledge, skills and competence:
- can describe theoretical perspectives and practical interventions designed to improve safety culture and optimize interaction between man, technology and organization
- can describe and discuss the concept of risk, and risk in relation to complexity
- can describe different methods in risk analysis
- can describe methods for investigation of accidents
- can describe and discuss the application of concepts from risk management on examples from different social and technological systems
- can apply knowledge of general behavioral principles in the analysis of, and as a means, in risk management and control
- can perform simple risk analyses, including using different methods of data collection and processing
- can contribute in safety decision processes
Risk analyses, risk management, behavioral safety, safety culture.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The course consists of seminars with lectures and group exercises carried out in class. Between the seminars, students are required to work on one individual assignments based on material from the seminars.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Students submit 1 review article, maximum 10 pages including references, according to the deadlines in the course schedule.
Vurdering og eksamen
Individual written examination with invigilation, 4 hours.
Exam questions are in English. Students may submit their exams in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or English.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
A grading scale of A (highest) to F (lowest) where A to E is a pass grade and F is a fail grade
One internal and one external examiner
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Complex Systems and Risk Management
- Høst: Masterstudium i atferdsvitenskap, deltid / Masterstudium i atferdsvitenskap
- 10 stp.
- HØST 2019
- Høst 2019: Masterstudium i atferdsvitenskap, deltid / Masterstudium i atferdsvitenskap