Emneplan forMALK4000-403 Behavior Analysis
Coursework requirements from MALK 4000-401, 4000-402 and MALKA 211 or equivalent must be approved to participate and submit coursework requirements in MALK 4000-403.
On successful completion of the course, the student has the following learning outcomes
classified as knowledge and competence:
- can discuss arguments for and against a natural scientific approach to human behavior
- can describe and discuss the philosophy of science that has description, prediction, and control as its goals
- can explain behavior analysis in a historical context
- can describe main philosophical views within a natural science approach including positivism, empiricism, and contextualism
- can describe and compare selection as an explanation of behavior on a phylogenic, ontogenetic, and cultural level
- can describe a functional analysis of verbal behavior
- can discuss necessary considerations when deciding which analytic units are appropriate for the experimental and the applied analysis of behavior
- can describe behavior change systems and behavior change procedures
- understand the implications of a natural scientific approach to behavior
Historical and philosophical context of behavior analysis; core concepts in behavior analysis; natural science; prediction and control; experimental designs; analytic units
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The course will include lectures, exercises, discussion of literature. The lectures will partly be based on interteaching sequences using readings from the curriculum.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Students submit 4 written assignments, each with maximum 3 pages including references, according to the deadlines in the course schedule.
Vurdering og eksamen
Individual written examination with invigilation, 4 hours.
Exam questions are in English. Students may submit their exams in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or English.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
A grading scale of A (highest) to F (lowest) where A to E is a pass grade and F is a fail grade
One internal and one external examiner
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Behavior Analysis
- Høst: Masterstudium i atferdsvitenskap / Masterstudium i atferdsvitenskap, deltid
- 10 stp.
- VÅR 2020
- Høst 2019: Masterstudium i atferdsvitenskap / Masterstudium i atferdsvitenskap, deltid