Studieinfo emne MAIKT-PM 2022 HØST
MAIKT-PM Prosjektledelse Emneplan
Through work with the literature and tasks in the course, the students will achieve competence to lead projects on development, research and learning purposes. The tuition is in English if English speaking students attend the course.
No prerequisites required.
A student who has completed this course has the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has thorough knowledge on characteristics of projects for development, research and learning purposes
- has advanced knowledge on leadership and management of projects
- has overview of techniques and methods for project management
- can analyse existing theories of and methods for project management independently as well as in a practical manner
- can carry out independent work or research on project management in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics
- can apply achieved knowledge and skills of project management
- can communicate about academic issues in the field of project management, both with specialists and the general public
- Project as organization - project versus line organization
- Characteristics of projects for development, research, and learning
- Long term and short term projects, global and local projects
- Techniques and methods for estimation, diagrams, risk, planning and reporting
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The course is fully net based. The course is organized around a case that will be evolving and unfolding during the course. The students will act as project management consultants in groups of 2-5 students. The course literature will be discussed in net chat meetings.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Vurdering og eksamen
The students will be evaluated according to a portfolio, consisting of a group report from the case work (see above), and a literature-based reflection over achieved learning on project management (3800 words +/- 10 %).
New/postponed exam will be organized the same way as the ordinary exam. If a student fails, a revised portfolio may be resubmitted.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
Examination support material is permitted.
A graded scale from A to E for passed and F for not passed will be used.
One internal and one external examiner will evaluate the portfolio.