Emneplan forBIBV3310 Web Development
This course deals with a variety of tasks related to the process of web development. It both expands on earlier courses that have covered user analysis, web technologies and the organization of data and digital documents, and introduces new topics. Among these are information architecture, structured data, practical skills in publishing tools, user testing and project management including the development of requirement specifications, prototypes and user testing.
After completion of the course, the student has
- an understanding of the key characteristics of different types of web based services and solutions
- knowledge of the core issues in the development of different types of web based services and solutions
- knowledge about current trends, practices and tools
After completion of the course, the student is able to
- plan a web development project
- use tools and standards to develop web based services and solutions
- procure web based services and solutions
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The course consists of a combination of lectures, group work, labs and homework.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Vurdering og eksamen
Assessment of Web Development will be by two submissions - an individual term paper (approx. 10 pages) and a group-based project (a practical work related to a set of web development tasks). The group must submit a report (between 5-10 pages) describing their work and documenting the outcomes. The topic of the project must be approved by the tutors.
The term paper accounts for 60% of the grade, while the remaining 40% comes from the group-based project. The student must pass both parts to pass the course.
Students who have legitimate absence from the exam or have failed the regular examination are entitled to sit a new examination in the part(s) they have failed. If the project work fail, the whole group need to sit the new examination.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
All utilities allowed as long as the rules for source reference are followed.
Students are awarded grades on a descending scale from A to E for pass and F for fail.
The written examination is assessed by an internal and an external examiner. The external examiner grades a random sample consisting of approx. 25 per cent of the written exams. The grades given for this sample provide a basis for internal examiners who will be grading the other exams.
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Web Development
- Høst: Bachelorstudium i arkivvitenskap / Bachelorstudium i bibliotek- og informasjonsvitenskap / Archivistics, Library and Information Science, Exchange Programme
- 15 stp.
- HØST 2019
- HØST 2019
- Høst 2019: Bachelorstudium i arkivvitenskap / Bachelorstudium i bibliotek- og informasjonsvitenskap / Archivistics, Library and Information Science, Exchange Programme