Studieinfo emne ACIT4730 2023 HØST
ACIT4730 Special biomedical engineering subject Emneplan
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Special biomedical engineering subject
Master's Programme in Applied Computer and Information Technology
- 10 stp.
This course covers topics that reflect the breadth and multidisciplinary nature of biomedical engineering. Material for the course are createad in cooperation with researchers, medical professionals and representatives from the healthcare industry. One of the objectives is to expose students to a variety of emerging technologies that play an important role in the paradigm shift towards preventive, personalized and precision medicine. The course also has a practical project where the students gain hands-on experience in designing, building and testing biomedical devices.
No formal requirements over and above the admission requirements.
A student who has completed this course should have the following learning outcomes:
- has advanced understanding of the concepts and methods used in biomedical systems for health monitoring, including non-invasive techniques, rehabilitation and personalised medicine.
- has knowledge of the practical aspects of designing, building and testing biomedical devices
- can apply theoretical knowledge into practical settings.
- can design, implement or advance the chosen biomedical device.
- can analyse a practical challenge in the view of the theoretical and research-based methodologies.
- can analyse, present and debate specific research subjects in light of the theoretical and practical approaches.
- can explain the subject to various audience.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Lectures, practical work (group project), site visits, labs and experiments.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Vurdering og eksamen
The assessment will be based on a portfolio of the following:
- Group project report (max 4000 words) and group presentation (20 min)
- 4 individual assignments
- An individual report documenting lab work, demonstrations and experiments (max 2000 words)
The portfolio will be assessed as a whole.
The written parts of the exam can be appealed. The presentation cannot be appealed. If the overall grade changes as a result of the appeal a new presentation must be held.
In case of failed exam or legal absence, the student may apply for a new or postponed exam. New or postponed exams are offered within a reasonable time span following the regular exam. The student is responsible for registering for a new/postponed exam within the time limits set by OsloMet. The Regulations for new or postponed examinations are available in Regulations relating to studies and examinations at OsloMet.
In the event of a postponed examination in this course the exam may be held as an oral exam. Oral exams cannot be appealed.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
All aids are permitted, provided the rules for plagiarism and source referencing are complied with.
For the final assessment, a grading scale from A to E is used, where A denotes the highest and E the lowest pass grade, and F denotes a fail.
Two internal examiners. External examiner is used periodically.