Studieinfo emne ØASØK2000 2021 HØST
ØASØK2000 Mikroøkonomi II Emneplan
The course is an intermediate course in Microeconomics built on the introductory course in Microeconomics I. The course takes an analytical approach to study microeconomics. It intends to develop rigorous, logical reasoning to understand economic concepts. While a majority of the economic theories are treated verbally and graphically, simple models based on elementary calculus are also introduced to examine certain economic issues in detail.
The tuition is in English.
The course builds on the introductory course in Microeconomics I
After completing the course, students will acquired the learning outcomes defined in knowledge, skills and general competence"
The student has knowledge of
- the basic economic theories explaining behaviours of consumers and firms
- the market structure
- the economics of information
- game theory in analysing strategic behaviour
- the applications of behavioural economics
The student can
- use economic concepts to explain consumer and firms- behaviour
- use economic reasoning to discuss economic policies
- formulate and analyse strategic interactions
The student can
- develop insights to critically address economic issues
- engage in analytical discussions of economic policies
- Market structure
- Perfect competition
- Market power
- Game theory
- Imperfect competition
- Information economics
- Behavioural economics
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The course material is discussed in lectures.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Vurdering og eksamen
A written 4-hour exam will be held at the end of the semester.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
A list of reference aids allowed will be published on our website.
Letter grading A-F.
An external or internal examiner will be used to grade the exam.
A selection of at least 25% of the exam papers will be assessed by two examiners. The grades awarded to exam papers assessed by the external and internal examiner will be used to determine the level of all exam papers.