template.back.to.overview User account and password
Username and password
- Your username is used for logging into all systems at OsloMet and Feide login (student.oslomet.no, e-mail, Canvas, Studentweb, OsloMet computers, etc.).
- The username is the same as the student number and have the following format: "s + 6 digits", e.g. "s123456". Note! If you have a zero in front, please remove it.
- You will also find your username, s+student number, in front of your student card.
Your password is the same for all systems at OsloMet, such as e-mail, Canvas, Studentweb, Feide login and OsloMet computers.
Requirements and recommendations for password:
- The new password must be at least 16 characters long. Use normal words, spaces and sentences that are easy to remember rather than special characters.
- Create a unique password - don’t use it elsewhere.
Forgot your password?
To order a new temporary password via SMS at passord.oslomet.no you need:
- A Norwegian National Identity number or D-number
- To have your mobile number registered on Studentweb
If you don’t have a Norwegian National Identity number or D-number, contact IT Service Desk to get a temporary password . See contact info in the upper right corner of the page.
Add a phone number on Studentweb
- Login to Studentweb with your ID number / National Identity Number (11 digits) and PIN (4 digits).
- Add the correct mobile number under "Profile".
Change your password?
Activate IT account
When you start your studies, you get a user account that provides access to e-mail, Canvas, Studentweb, all computers on campus, wireless network and access to a range of services at OsloMet. Your user account must be activated before you can access OsloMets services and systems.
About a week before you start your studies you´ll receive an email containing you username and activation password. Please use this information to activate your IT account.
Aktiveringen består av fem enkle steg:
- Go to passord.oslomet.no - Choose "Activate IT account"
- Add your username and activation password
- Approve OsloMets security policy
- Create your own personal password
- Activate two-factor authentication
Activate two-factor authentication
You must activate two-factor authentication through the Microsoft Authenticator app to access all OsloMet system and services.
New mobile phone?
If you´ve bought a new mobile, or having problems with the Micrososft Authenticator - please reset your two-factor app on tofaktor.oslomet.no.
PIN (4 digits)
In addition to OsloMet password, you also have a PIN (4 digits). It is used in two cases:
- To get access to buildings and rooms together with your student card.
- To login to Studentweb with ID number / Nationa Identity Number (11 digits) and PIN (4 digits) if you can not login with a username and password/Feide login.
New student and missing the PIN?
The PIN is sent by e-mail one week before the semester starts.
If you have not received the PIN code, you must contact IT Service Desk (see contact info).
Forgot your PIN?
You can receive the PIN code for your private e-mail from the login page on Studentweb.
- Select: "Norwegian ID number and PIN"
- Fill in your Norwegian ID number (11 digits)
- Click the link: "Send new PIN to your email".
Change your PIN code?
You can change your PIN in Studentweb.
Login problems, storage, security and other questtions?
Always use small letter (s) in front student number. Your username is: s + student number, e.g. s123456.
If you have not paid the semester fee within the appointed deadlines, your user account will be locked and your student status will be deactivated. Contact IT Service Desk (see contact info) if your student user account is locked.
- User account (including e-mail, Canvas, access to your files, student card, etc.) will be blocked 30 days after your studies are registered as completed.
Please install all available updates for software, apps and clients as soon as possible too prevent exploitations of security holes and vulnerabilities.
For access to your student e-mail, login to your personal page on student.oslomet.no or Outlook via Office 365.