Courses and guidance from the University Library
Guidance from the libraries
Guidance in the libraries
Are you on campus? Stop by our physical guidance desks! Information about our staffed opening hours (oslomet.no).
In addition, Health Sciences Library (P32) offers guidance on Tuesday and Thursday at 12.00–14.00 where you can get help searching in healthcare databases, APA and more.
Library Kjeller offers guidance on Monday and Tuesday 12.00–14.00.
At the digital guidance you will meet librarians who can assist you in EndNote, literature search, APA and more.
Every Wednesday: 12.00–14.00.
Digital guidance via Zoom. You will first enter a waiting room before being admitted to the main room as soon as someone is free to help you. Access our digital guidance in Zoom (oslomet.zoom.us).
Guidance from the Learning Support Centre
If you need help with your study skills or academic writing, the Learning Support Centre can guide you.
- Tuesday: 13.00–17.00, Library P48, 1st floor.
- Wednesday: 13.00–17.00, Library Kjeller, 2nd floor.
- Thursday: 13.00–17.00, Library Kjeller 2nd floor and Library P48 1st floor.
- Friday: 12.00–15.00, Library P48, 1st floor.
We also offer digital guidance via Zoom. Book an appointment via TP (Norwegian page, tp.uio.no).
Courses (EndNote, literature search, APA and more)
NB! Most of the courses are held in Norwegian. To see a full list of courses for this semester see the Norwegian version of this page. Switch to Norwegian site by clicking NO in the top menu.
Tuesday 21 March 14.00–15.00 via Zoom. About the course and registration, 21.3.
Introduction to literature searching
- Wednesday 25 January 10.30–11.30, P48, P372. No registration. About the course, 25.1.
- Friday 24 March 08.30–09.30, P48, P372. No registration. About the course, 24.3.
- Wednesday 26 April 12.30–13.30, P48, P372. No registration. About the course, 26.4.
- Wednesday 25 January 12.00–13.30, via Zoom. About the course and registration, 25.1.
- Wednesday 22 March 12.30–14.00, via Zoom. About the course and registration, 22.3.
Tuesday 9 May 14.00–16.00, P35, PI343. No registration. About the course, 9.5.
EndNote and Zotero workshop
Thursday 23 March 11.30–13.30, P35, PI343. No registration. About the course, 23.3.
CANCELLED: Monday 16 January.
Book a librarian
Master students, PhD and staff can book a librarian (nettskjema.no). We recommend that you first contact our digital library desk for help. If you still need to book a librarian you must expect that there may be some waiting time, depending on how busy the librarian for your institute is.
IT service desk and AV equipment
At the IT service desk you can ask for help regarding your IT issues. You can also borrow AV equipment at this desk. Information about IT service desk and AV equipment (oslomet.no).
Guidance from the AV Services
The AV Services offer guidance and advise concerning use of AV equipment (sound/video/camera/phone) while working from home. We have a lot of experience in helping employees with their equipment. We also help with sound, streaming and recording at events. If you need assistance, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org