How to apply
- Fill in the application form for your faculty.
- Enclose copies of a transcript of records or diploma, programme description or other academic documentation of the examination/test you have already passed.
- Submit the application including enclosures to your faculty. You must do this no later than two months before the exam or test in question. Note: For students at The Faculty of Social Sciences, the deadline is 5 september.
- Available in Norwegian only
- Application form – Faculty of Health Sciences, in Word format (DOC)
- Application form – Faculty of Education and International Studies (PDF)
- Application form – Faculty of Social Sciences, in PDF format (PDF)
- Faculty of Technology, Art and Design
Will I be granted an exemption?
Each application is considered individually, and there is no guarantee that you will be granted an exemption.
It is your responsibility to provide sufficient information (programme description/syllabus) to enable your faculty to assess the level, scope and academic content of your previous studies.
You can also be exempt from parts of a programme based on prior learning and work experience.
Case processing times
It may take some time to consider an application for exemption. In special cases, it may also be necessary to obtain information from external sources (particularly for education taken abroad), and this may increase the case processing times.
Exemption may affect your eligibility for financial support from Lånekassen
Please note that applying for exemption from an exam may affect the financial support you are eligible to receive from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen). Lånekassen calculates your support based on the number of credits you take, and exemption from an exam reduces the number of credits you receive.
If you do not notify Lånekassen of the reduction in credits, they will consider it a delay in your progression of study.
Please contact Lånekassen for more information.