Activate your OsloMet user account: You can first sign in to Canvas or any other of the IT-systems at OsloMet after you have activated your user account at OsloMet. Remember: For technical reasons, it can take up to 24 hours before you can log on to Canvas for the first time.
- Access your courses in Canvas: You must have completed your registration for the semester to get access to your courses in Canvas. It takes about 90 minutes after you the semesterregistration is completed before your courses will appear in Canvas. NB: As an international student your semesterregistration might be managed by your international coordinator at OsloMet.
- Forgot my password: Go to passord.oslomet.no.
- Denied access: If you have quit your studies, completed your studies or have been withdrawn from your studies, you lose access . You can check your student status in Studentweb.
- User account locked: If you have entered the wrong password six times in a row, your user account will be automatically locked for 1 hour. Try again after 1 hour.
- Employee at OsloMet and student? Check https://ansatt.oslomet.no/brukerbytte for more information. The site displays only information if you are registered with both employee and students accounts.
On this page you'll find an overview of web browsers that are supported by Canvas: Which browsers does Canvas support? (official documentation).
If you experience technical issues within Canvas, you're most likely using an unsupported or outdated version of your browser. Updating your web browser/computer will normally solve these types of issues.
You must complete your registration for the semester and activate you user account at OsloMet to get access to your subjects in Canvas. For OsloMet Summer school and other programmes changes may occur. In that case contact your advisor at OsloMet.
You can create your own Student Groups in a Canvas, by clicking People in the course menu. When you have created a group you can choose to leave it open for anyone to join, or you can leave it closed and invite individuals manually.
- Note that teachers have access to all student groups that are created within their Canvas courses. This access includes announcements given by students within the group.
For further information, see How do I create a group as a student (official documentation).
This video gives you an introductions to: How to log on#Dashboard#Your account#How to change language settings#Manage notifications#Courses#Canvas-calender#Canvas-inbox (Duration 02:54 minutes)
This is how you can change the language settings easily in four steps (pdf). Please also mind our introduction to Canvas (video).
You must have completed your registration for the semester and activate you user account at OsloMet to get access to your courses in Canvas. For OsloMet Summerschool and other programmes changes may occur. In that case contact your advisor at OsloMet.
If you have forgotten the password to your OsloMet-user account, create a new password. Remember, if you have completed your studies, left your programme or you have had your right to study evoked you have no longer access to Canvas.
Remember, If you have entered the wrong password six times in a row, your User Account will be locked. To unlock your account, you must contact IT Support.
Are you wondering about what you can do I Canvas or are you stuck? Canvas has a rich amount of documentations and guides:
- Documentation: Canvas Student Guide
- Video: Canvas Student Video Guide
- Video: Hva som er hva i Canvas
- Are you lost in Canvas? Use the "Help"-button
As a student at OsloMet you have access to Canvas until you either complete your programme or end your studies for other reasons. Your studies are regarded as completed when you receive your Diploma and/or transcript of records. This is done on the same day or a few days after the results of your final exam is published. At this time you will get status completed, and will no longer have access to Canvas.
If you wish to keep material that's stored in Canvas you must therefore do this before you are registered as completed / ended.