Three steps to getting a room
1. Apply for SiO housing as soon as possible and no later than the deadline.
The sooner you apply, the better are your chances of getting the room you want. As long as you have already applied to OsloMet, you can apply for housing.
- 31 May Autumn semester
- 31 October Spring semester
2. Choose a room
If you are covered by the housing guarantee, you must choose:
- single, furnished room.
- either 1 January or 1 August as your moving in date
- more than one student house (if your first choice has no availability, your second, third or sixth choice might
The housing guarantee for exchange students and new international students does not cover family housing or flats, you may still apply for a family flat, but we cannot guarantee that you will receive one.
Detailed instructions on how to submit your SiO Housing application.
3. SiO will only give you one offer. Accept it.
You should receive two emails from SiO:
- One email confirming that your application is registered including what SiO calls a "Personal Identity Number" (this can take a few days to process after you have applied).
- One email after you have been allocated housing with a housing offer. Create a new user using your SiO "Personal Identity Number" and accept the offer as soon as possible.
Even if what SiO offers is not what you initially wanted, please accept it as you will only receive one offer. It is better to apply for internal moving after you have arrived in Oslo, than to take the risk of arriving with no accommodation option.