What you need to know about written examinations with invigilation:
- Time and place of the examination
- Proof of identity
- What can I bring to my designated place?
Information on time and place of the examination is published in Studentweb, under My active courses.
The examination premises will be registered in Studentweb 1 week before the examination date.
- You must be present on the examination premises at least 15 minutes before the examination starts. If you arrive after the examination question paper has been handed out, you will not be allowed to take the examination.
- If you are delayed due to circumstances beyond your control, you may be allowed to enter the examination premises up to 30 minutes after the examination has started.
- If you do not present yourself for the examination within the appointed deadline, you are registered as “not attended”. This counts as one examination attempt.
In order to take an examination, you must prove your identity. The following ID cards are accepted:
- Student ID card
- Driver’s licence
- Bank ID including picture
You may bring:
- ID card
- Permitted examination support materials
- Food and drink
All other personal belongings must be placed at a designated place on the examination premises.
- Notes and books are not allowed at your designated place, not even before the examination has started. The same applies to mobile phones and other communication equipment.
Violation of these rules may lead to a suspicion of attempt at cheating.
- You are obliged to make yourself familiar with what examination support materials are permitted during the examination.
- You will find information on permitted examination support materials on your faculty's examination website. Permitted support materials will also be stated clearly on the examination question paper.
- You are responsible for providing your own copy of the permitted examination support materials. You are not allowed to borrow support materials from other students during the examination.
- You shall not write your full name on your answer paper. The examination paper shall be anonymous.
- Write your candidate number on the answer paper. Candidate numbers will be allocated on the examination premises.
- You may not leave your designated place without the permission of an invigilator. You must always follow the invigilator’s instructions.
- You are not allowed to communicate with anyone about academic topics, or topics that may be suspected of being relevant for the examination in question.
Rules relating to examinations are stipulated in Regulations relating to Studies and Examinations at Oslo Metropolitan University.
- You may only use the rough paper and examination sheets that are handed out on the examination premises. OsloMet uses examination sheets with three-layer carbon copies. You submit the two first copies and keep the last one as your own copy. Please note that you are not allowed to submit rough papers.
- You must use blue or black biro or hard felt pen on the examination sheets so that the copies are readable.
Completing and submitting the answer paper
You only have the time stipulated for the examination to write your paper.
You are given 15 minutes after the stipulated examination time to sort your paper, and include candidate number, page numbers and the total number of pages. This is your own responsibility.
Please notify the invigilators when you are ready to submit you examination paper.
Examination answer papers that are not ready after the extra 15 minutes will not automatically be assessed.