Tuition fees for international degree students from outside the EU/EEA
Please note that changes may occur!
Who has to pay a tuition fee?
Degree students from non-EU/EEA countries must pay a tuition fee to study in Norway.
Exemption from paying the fee
Students who have started their studies before Autumn 2023, exchange students from partner institutions and students from the EU/EEA/EFTA are exempt from paying a tuition fee.
In addition, the Norwegian government has decided that certain applicants will be exempt from paying tuition fees based on their residence in Norway or other close connections with Norway.
How much you will have to pay
How much you will have to pay per year depends on which programme you have applied for:
- Public Health Nutrition, Master's Degree Programme in Health Sciences: 185 400 NOK per year.
- International Development, Education and Sustainabilities: 185 400 NOK per year.
- International Social Welfare and Health Policy: 185 400 NOK per year.
- Product Design, Design in Complexity: 373 550 NOK per year.
- Civil Engineering: 254 950 NOK per year.
- Applied Commuter and Information Technology (ACIT): 254 950 NOK per year.
- Transport and Urban Planning: 254 950 NOK per year.
What the fee covers
The tuition fee covers courses, guidance and supervision, exams, and administration. It does not cover visa and residence permit expenses, living expenses and books.
The tuition fee must be paid in full before each academic year. There is unfortunately no opportunity to pay in instalments. The first year is counted from August 2023 till June 2024.
You will receive an invoice with IBAN and SWIFT information from OsloMet with sufficient time to pay the tuition fee before the academic year starts. Please note that if someone else is paying the fee for you, you need to put your full name as reference on the payment.
The fee must be paid in Norwegian currency (Norwegian Krone). Contact your local bank to find the exchange rate between the Norwegian krone and your country’s currency.
Scholarships and loans
Unfortunately, OsloMet does not currently offer any scholarships or loans. There are currently no national scholarships available either.
Questions and answers about tuition fees
We have put together some questions and answers about tuition fees.