Studieinfo emne PHVIT9540 2021 HØST
PHVIT9540 Medvirkning og samhandling Emneplan
This course offers insights into recent trends in the relationship between users of and professionals in the health and care services. The course will focus on looking critically at perceptions of user involvement, empowerment, and coordination between health care professionals and users. In particular, the course will discuss different traditions in understanding goal definition and redistribution of power, relational knowledge, and the concept of coproduction in the context of public services. User involvement in research will also be a topic of discussion.
On completion of the course, the PhD candidate has achieved the following learning outcomes, defined in terms of knowledge, skills, and general competence:
The PhD candidate
- is a the forefront of knowledge of conceptual understanding and theories of user involvement and professional input
- can critically assess how different perspectives of user involvement and professional coordination can be applied in health science research
The PhD candidate can
- critically reflect on the knowledge base for user involvement and coordination
- articulate problems that address the complex relationships between individuals, service provision, and society in health science research
- design a plan for including users in research design
The PhD candidate can
- discuss user involvement and coordination as concepts and practices based on critical thinking of empowerment, goal-setting, and relationships between professionals and users
- communicate and discuss topics from research about user involvement and coordination in the field of the health sciences
- demonstrate how critical insight generated from studies of user involvement and coordination can be applied in innovation processes
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Work and teaching methods consist of lectures, seminars, and self-study. The outcomes of the seminars are presented and discussed in plenary sessions.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Vurdering og eksamen
Candidates must write an essay on user involvement and coordination, based on empirical data and a theory of their choice. The essay must consist of up to 5,000 words and must be submitted no more than 2 weeks after the end of the course.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
Pass / Fail
One internal and one external examiner will assess the answer papers submitted by all candidates.
This course is primarily aimed at PhD candidates admitted to the PhD Programme in Health Sciences but is also open to other applicants. Admission requirements are a completed hovedfag, master's degree (120 credits) or equivalent qualification.
The course can also be offered to students who have been admitted to the "Health Science Research Programme, 60 ECTS", by prior approval from the supervisor and based on given guidelines for the research programme.