Studieinfo emne MABY5050 2022 HØST
MABY5050 Smart Infrastructure and Asset Management Emneplan
Transport infrastructure systems are complex systems of links and nodes designed to facilitate the movements of passengers, freight and information. Most commonly this includes road and rail infrastructure, but also the nodes associated with air and water modes of transport (i.e., airports and seaports). Asset management is used to ensure the condition and performance of the infrastructure throughout its lifecycle to ensure the system’s efficiency, resilience and sustainability. Technology and smart infrastructure are increasingly utilized within asset management for condition monitoring, performance prediction, and selection of treatment alternatives related to operations, maintenance, and replacement. This course allows students to integrate and apply engineering skills to consider the use of smart infrastructure within infrastructure asset management in a problem-based learning context.
The candidate should have knowledge of:
- asset management and how it is currently applied within transport infrastructure systems
- impacts of digitization on operations and maintenance of transport infrastructure systems, including the use of Big Data
- smart (transport) infrastructure components
The candidate is able to:
- develop a simplified asset management plan
- describe technological solutions for smart operations/management and maintenance of road and rail infrastructure, and how they can be applied to improve the sustainability and resiliency of infrastructure.
- use and manage simple datasets within transport infrastructure operations/management and maintenance
The candidate can:
- consider a holistic view of the life-cycle of transport infrastructure and the role of asset management within it
- understand the potential and challenges when transitioning to smart operations of management systems
- work within a team to develop and define a project objective and scope, apply critical thinking skills within an open-ended task, manage workload over the course of the project, and present results in a professional environment.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Lectures, readings, project-based learning
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
The following required coursework must be approved before a student can take the exam:
2 intermediate progress deliverables associated with the project work.
Vurdering og eksamen
The exam consists of three parts:
Project work (group, 2-3 students pr. group) - written report approx 50 pages which counts 60%
Project work (group, 2-3 students pr. group) - oral presentation which counts 10%
Exam (individual) - written school exam 3 hours which counts 30%
All assessment parts must be awarded a pass grade (E or better) in order for the student to pass the course.
Assessment parts: 1) and 3) can be appealed, 2) cannot be appealed
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
Part 1) and 2) All documents and devices must be approved by the teacher.
Part 3) A calculator that cannot be used to communicate with others.
Graded scale A-F
1) and 3) One internal examiner,
2) Two internal examiners
External examiners are used regularly.