Emneplan forBVUH2200 Child Welfare and Creative Methods in Social Work
Child Welfare and Creative Methods in Social Work is an international study offer for students at Bachelor Programme in Social Work and Bachelor Programme in Child Care and Welfare, full-time, and students from social work study programmes from our partnership organizations. All teaching will be in English. In addition to the items listed under 2.1.1 Project Work, knowledge of human rights and The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child connected to creative and aesthetical working methods will be included. In minor groups, the students shall plan and implement a project based on activities and aesthetical methods. The project shall be presented in a written project report (examination) as well as in an oral and creative presentation for fellow students and teachers.
In addition to the Creative semester, Internatioanal students may write an individual paper, Extended Paper; 10 ECTS Credits. The evaluation expression is a 5-step grading scale from A to E for passed and F for not passed. Internal and external examiners are used for every answer papers.
Child Welfare and Creative Methods in Social Work is an international study offer for students at Bachelor Programme in Social Work and Bachelor Programme in Child Care and Welfare, full-time, and students from social work study programmes in Europe. Students must have finished their first year of study,
After accomplished topic, the student shall have
- knowledge from the topic described in 2.1.1
- knowledge of how activities and aesthetical expressions can be connected to human rights and The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- knowledge of how to use activities and aesthetical methods in social pedagogic work to promote mastering, and how it can develop one-s self-understanding
- knowledge of social pedagogic work in a multicultural perspective
- knowledge of children and young people's right to participation
- knowledge of how aesthetical methods can help children, youth and adults to express themselves and put their knowledge into words
The student shall
- be able to plan, implement and evaluate use of aesthetical expressions and creative working methods in social pedagogic work
- understand the importance of the use of activities and aesthetical expressions as method in social pedagogic work and in the professional dialogue
- have experience with different creative forms of expression and how these may promote positive development by children, young people and their families
- have experience of cooperation in an international student group
- get experience in the use of English as technical language - orally as well as in writing
- get experience of aesthetical learning processes/methods which challenges the students to reflect on their own attitudes and givea possibilities for self-development and enlarged professional understanding
- have experience how creative methods can be used in communication
The student shall
- be able to express him-/herself and communicate in English in a professional context and have understanding how this gives increased professional competence in a multicultural field
- have understanding how activity and aesthetical methods may move frontiers and give room for self-reflection and alternative ways to think or act
- be conscious of his/her own creativity and develop creative solutions in professional co-action with children and adolescents in a social pedagogic working field
- be able to see the importance of co-action with professionals from other professions
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Teaching and working methods in this topic consist of lectures and teaching which require active participation and reflection from the students.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Attendance is compulsory.
The students shall present project report by groups and reflect on the group process.
Vurdering og eksamen
Examination in 2.1.2 Child Welfare and Creative Methods in Social Work (examination code BVUH2200) is organised in the autumn semester. The Project report is written in English.
Examination is a project report written in group based on concrete planning and implementation in use of creative methods in social pedagogic work. The Project report must have the students candidates number on the front page. Examination represents 20 ECTS credits.
If relevant, new/re-sit examination is organised at the start of the following semester.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
All written materials.
The evaluation expression is a 5-step grading scale from A to E for passed and F for not passed.
Internal and external examiners are used for every answer papers.
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Child Welfare and Creative Methods in Social Work
- Høst: Bachelorstudium i barnevern / Bachelorstudium i sosialt arbeid
- 20 stp.
- HØST 2019
- Høst 2019: Bachelorstudium i barnevern / Bachelorstudium i sosialt arbeid