Studieinfo emne ACIT4830 2022 HØST
ACIT4830 Special Robotics and Control Subject Emneplan
- Engelsk emnenavn
- Special Robotics and Control Subject
Master's Degree Programme in Applied Computer and Information Technology
- 10 stp.
The course provides an arena where students can learn about specific technologies and methods that are relevant for applications in robotics and control. These themes can be varied from artificial intelligence methods for robotics and control, Internet of Things and sensor network systems, autonomous and distributed systems, embedded systems, industrial process control, and other special subjects within robotics and control.
The first part of the course is organised as a series of lectures and seminars. The second part of the course is a practical project. The course is completed by the students submitting a report and giving a presentation of their work.
Robotics and Control courses:
ACIT4810 - Advanced Methods in Modelling, Simulation, and Control
ACIT4820 - Applied Robotics and Autonomous Systems
No formal requirements over and above the admission requirements.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student:
- has advanced knowledge within a sub-area of robotics and control.
- has knowledge about the process of planning and conducting a project.
- can apply the theoretical knowledge and research-based methodologies into a practical problem.
- can propose a detailed project plan.
- can write a scientific report.
- can analyze, present and debate specific research subjects in light of the theoretical and practical approaches.
- can discuss the subject both at expert and non-expert levels.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
The first part of the course is organised into a series of lectures and seminars. Students are expected to play an active role. Lectures are given by the course lecturer and invited lecturers. Students will also be required to present papers, and discuss course themes during lectures and seminars.
The second part of the course is a practical project in groups of 1-3 students. The course is completed by the students submitting a report and giving a presentation of their work.
Arbeidskrav og obligatoriske aktiviteter
Vurdering og eksamen
Exam in two parts:
1. Project report done individually or in groups of 2 students. The total length of the report should be between 5 000 - 15 000 words, each student contributing with 5000 - 7 500 words (80% of the final grade)
2. Oral project presentation (30 minutes if a group; 20 minutes if individual) (20% of the final grade)
Both exams must be passed in order to pass the course. The oral examination cannot be appealed
In case of failed exam or legal absence, the student may apply for a new or postponed exam. New or postponed exams are offered within a reasonable time span following the regular exam. The student is responsible for applying for a new/postponed exam within the time limits set by OsloMet. The Regulations for new or postponed examinations are available in Regulations relating to studies and examinations at OsloMet.
Hjelpemidler ved eksamen
All aids are permitted.
Grade scale A-F.
Two internal examiners. External examiner is used periodically.
Professor Evi Zouganeli