Wireless network for Windows
For increased security, please download the eduroam profile. This ensures that no other than authorized institutions may purport to be providers of eduroam.
Most Windows computers may be connected to wireless network without making any changes on the computer setup.
Do the following:
1. On your computer: Click on the icon for wireless network / Wi-Fi. See screenshot below.
2. Select "eduroam" from the list of networks.
3. Select "Connect" to finish the setup.
Username: OsloMet email@example.com
- For students: s+student firstname.lastname@example.org, e.g. email@example.com
- For staff: firstname.lastname@example.org, e.g. email@example.com
Password: OsloMet password
If a message box is visible, choose: "Connect".
- Select your operating system: Windows Vista | Windows 7 | Windows 8 | Windows 10 (eduroam.no)
- Download the .exe file to your computer and save the .exe file somewhere you can find it again.
- Install the software on your computer.
See screenshot below of the .exe file message window on screen. Save the file on your computer.
2. Check the network settings for connection
For network name/SSID.
Check the following values:
- SSID: eduroam
- Security / Encryption Type: WPA2-Enterprise with AES
- Authentication Method: PEAP (Protected EAP, EAP-PEAP)
- Authentication Protocol: MS-CHAP v2