How do I access the money?
If you deposited money into SiO's visa deposit account in connection with your residence permit/visa application, you have the following options:
- If you are staying in SiO accommodation, you can use the money you have transferred to pay your housing deposit and/or rent. You can do this by either sending SiO’s Accounting office a message via the “Residence Permit Deposit account” section of SiO’s My Page, or by sending an email email@example.com.
- Until you can create a Norwegian Bank account, you can use a rechargeable debit BankAxept card with a PIN-code. You can use this card for purchases of goods and withdrawals at ATMs, but they cannot be used for purchases on online stores.
- In order to collect your card, you have to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment, with at least two days in advance. They will be delivering cards on Wednesdays and Fridays between 13:00 and 15:00.
- Upon delivery (first use) the card will be charged with NOK 20,000.
- The card must be picked up in person at SiO in Trimveien 4. If you need to be in quarantine on arrival, you need to wait until the quarantine period is over until you can pick up your card.
- You need to bring an official identification when you collect the card. Preferably your passport.
- When the balance on the card has been spent, you can contact SiO at email@example.com and request the card to be charged with more money. Each time with a minimum of NOK 5,000 if you still have money deposited with SiO.
Please note: You should have money available to fund your first few weeks in Norway, as it can take some time before you access the funds you transferred.