The Learning Environment Committee
The Learning Environment Committee (LMU) is an advisory body at OsloMet that assists the University Management on issues related to the students’ learning environment.
LMU aims at initiating and following-up issues related to your physical and psychosocial environment at OsloMet. LMU will also participate in the planning of measures related to the learning environment and issues concerning your safety and welfare.
Let us know!
Please contact us if you
- experience essential scarcities or faults (sound, light, air, temperature, cleaning) in classrooms, auditoriums, restrooms or other rooms at OsloMet
- experience problematic access and practicability
- experience inadequate access on computer equipment
- experience getting insufficient information related to your study programme
- experience delayed administrative procedures or poor service towards students
- have views on how the welfare services may be improved
- experience other issues affecting your study environment negatively
1 August 2019- 31 July 2020
Student members in LMU:
- Vilde Henningsgård, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Haranni Umakanthan, Faculty of Health Sciences
- HaiWei Shen, Faculty of Technology Art and Design
- Elsa Kuvene Skaret, Faculty of Education and International Studies
- Eskil Uggen, Faculty of Education and International Studies
Substitute members, students:
- Anna Rebekka Løvmo, Faculty of Education and International Studies
The committee consists of an equal amount of students and staff members. The appointment as leader alternates annually between student and staff member. During the academic year 2019/20 the committee is directed by an employee.
‘The Department of Academic Affairs performs secretary duties for the committee.
The Student Welfare Organisation in Oslo and Akershus (SiO) is invited as observers on the LMU meetings.
1 August 2019- 31 July 2023
- Nina Waaler, Vice-Rector Division for Education and Library
- Asbjørn Seim, Division for Digitalisation and Infrastructure
- Steinar Brattenborg, Faculty of Education and international studies
- Kari Hjerpaasen, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Eva Marie Ballo, Division for Education and Library
- Lars Hilland, Department of External Relations and Communications
Substitute members, staff:
- Lars Egeland, Director of University Library
- Mariann Hole, Division for Digitalisation and Infrastructure
- Emilia Andersson-Bakken, Faculty of Education and international studies
- Kaare Magne Nielsen, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Inger-Helen Olsen, Division for Education and Library
- Ellen Solberg, Department of External Relations and Communications