Examinations at LUI
Attendance during exam periods
You must be present during the exam periods. The ordinary exams in the autumn semester mostly take place in November and December. Resits and rescheduled exams for the autumn semester are usually held in weeks 8 and 9. The ordinary exams in the spring semester mostly take place in April, May and June. Resits and rescheduled exams for the spring semester are usually held in weeks 31 and 32.
It is your responsibility to keep informed of when exams are to be held. You can do this e.g. via Studentweb.
Application for a fourth attempt at an exam
The Regulations relating to Studies and Examinations at OsloMet Section 5-4 state that a dispensation may in special cases be granted for a fourth and final attempt at an examination. Such applications are considered by the Student Affairs Committee,a committee appointed by the faculty board of LUI.
The committee has decided that at least one of the following criteria must be met:
- The student only has to pass one more exam to complete a programme
- The student can document that personal or medical reasons prevented him/her from doing his/her best during at least one of the three previous attempts at the exam in question
- That a programme is being discontinued (for example preschool teacher education)
- For exams in November and December: 1 October
- For exams in May/June and August/September: 1 March
- For exams at other times: Two months before the exam