Buddy programme for international students
- The buddy programme takes place the same week as the orientation meeting. The orientation meeting is on 14th August.
- Activities are not mandatory, but we strongly recommend that you join us!
- If buddy activities collide with mandatory classes, please always make attending your class your priority.
- In the event of any changes to the activity plan, the Buddy Board will keep you updated.
- We recommend that you bring enough water to all the activities.
- Location of events will be communicated directly, please note that these events are only meant for OsloMet students.
- If you have any questions relating to the buddy programme, please do not hesitate to contact the Buddy Board.
- Please be aware that the Buddy Board cannot answer any questions concerning your studies, arrival etc. Please contact the International Office or your faculty if you have any questions regarding these matters.
Contact information to the Buddy Board
- Qasim Bajwa (Leader): E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel.: +47 406 10 198.
- Christina Lund (Vice-leader): E-mail: email@example.com.
Monday 14th August
09:30 - 13:00
Meet your buddy and your assigned group (introduction rounds).
OsloMet orientation meeting for new students (programme by OsloMet).
18:00 - 21:00
Speed Friending and blind tasting of Norwegian food.
Tuesday 15th August
Welcoming party for all OsloMet students at Chateau Neuf – The Norwegian Student Society with the Norwegian band TØFL. We suggest that the buddies meet up with their groups in advance of the party so that the students can meet others in their group.
Wednesday 16th August
16:00 – 18:00
Paint and sip (non-alcoholic).
Channel your inner creator to design your own fabrics. Maybe you would like to create your own OsloMet merch?
Grilling in a park.
We will provide grills and condiments, but you will be asked to bring your own food.
Thursday 17th August
11:00 – 15:00 (Time TBD)
Student Association Day in Pilestredet 52.
Student life will be more fun if you join an association! You can visit the stands of the different student associations at OsloMet and in Oslo and find one that suits your interests.
Oslo Amazing Race
You will be divided in groups and together you will explore different attractions around Oslo. A list of attractions scattered across the city will be provided. The event officially ends Sunday at 19:00. The winning team gets a prize.
20.00 – 00:00
Pub crawl around different bars in Oslo. We will have a recommendation for bars that we will be going to. You will have to buy your own drinks. This will be the first pub crawl in a series of two and we will focus on bars in the city rather than the ones on campus.
At campus Kjeller:
Join the many different activities at campus Kjeller. You can meet SiO and the studentservices from OsloMet. In the cafeteria you can buy extra good food and you make a visit to Ølkjellern.
Friday 18th August
Karaoke (Location TBA)
Welcome to a karaoke evening! The location will be booked for us. We will likely end the night at a different location.
Saturday 19th August
14:00 – 18.00
End of Buddy Week Party: Trip to an island in the Oslo fjord.
You bring your own food and beverages. We will provide grills and condiments. The island we are planning to go to is possible to reach by ferry and your regular ticket will be valid (zone 1). The island has facilities such as bathrooms, a kiosk and playgrounds (we will bring games). There is also a nice sandy beach, so feel free to bring your swimwear and towels.
2nd September – 8th September
Find your Oslo! A week of getting to know Oslo for all new students in Oslo. Visit attractions, participate in activities and explore new places in Oslo. Everything is free! For more information, visit: https://studentslippet.no/
What's on OsloMet?