Buddy Week Program
- The Buddy Program takes place the same week as the Orientation Meeting. The Orientation Meeting is on the 8th of January.
- Activities are not mandatory, but we strongly recommend that you join them!
- If buddy activities collide with mandatory classes, please always make attending your class your priority
- In the event of any changes to the activity plan, the buddy board will keep you updated
- (Depending on activity type) We recommend that you bring enough water, warm clothing (winter), cold clothing (summer), sunscreen and/or something to eat to the activities
- Location of events will be communicated directly, please note that these arrangements are only meant for OsloMet students.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the buddy board
- Please be aware, the buddy board can answer questions related to the buddy program only! Any questions concerning your studies, arrival etc. should be directed towards the International Office and/or your faculty.
- Check out our Instagram and keep yourself updated directly from us:
Contact Information Buddy Board
General e-mail address: email@example.com
Leader, Qasim Bajwa e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +47 406 101 98
Vice Leader, Anthony Hernandez: E-mail: email@example.com
Monday 8th January
9:30-13:00 Orientation Meeting
Meet your buddy and your assigned group (introduction rounds)
OsloMet orientation for new students (program by OsloMet)
After Orientation Meeting: OsloMet Amazing Race
Go with your group around OsloMet Campus for "OsloMet Amazing Race”. A photo competition around OsloMet Campus. Bring warm clothes, we will be walking around outside.
19:00 - 22:30
Speed Friending, blind tasting of Norwegian food and other social activities.
Tuesday 9th January
16:00: Visit to a Museum
Location to be announced.
After museum - optional
We eat together at Oslo Street Food. Everyone (who wants to) orders their own food at the different restaurants at this food court, and this is of course optional. If you just want to hang out and not eat you are also welcome to join in.
Wednesday 10th January
17:00 Game Night
In collaboration with OsloMet Gaming (student association at OsloMet), plenty of games will be available, play with your group or join others. Expect a variety of board games, card games and video games.
Thursday 11th January
16:00 – 19:00 Paint and Sip
Channel your inner creator to design your own fabrics. Maybe you would like to create your own OsloMet merch? You can give your custom designs or choose from our selection of stencils. You must bring your own fabric or anything you would like to use; examples are t-shirts and tote bags. We will provide the materials and guide you on the process. Feel free to bring your own drinks (non-alcoholic) and snacks if you’d like to.
After Paint and Sip
We plan to visit one or more bars in the evening.
Friday 12th January
19:00 Karaoke + Party
Friday will be the official end of buddy week and we will book a place just for us, we’ll start with karaoke first.
Saturday 13th January
To be announced.