Skip to Content

Tax Card

You will need a tax deduction card if you intend to work in Norway. In order to get a tax deduction card you first need an employment contract or written offer of employment.

To apply for a tax deduction card, you must pre-book an appointment with the Service Centre for foreign workers.

In addition to a valid ID document, an application for a tax deduction card and an employment contract, you need a Norwegian Identity number (D-number or National ID number depending on how long you are staying in Norway). When you register a move to Norway, you can apply for a Norwegian Identity Number and a tax card at the same time.