The Buddy System
The Buddy system helps new international students settle in and make new friends at OsloMet. Both Norwegian and international students can be Buddies.
Sign up before 4th December (later applications could be accepted)
The Buddy System is designed to give new international students a helping hand and make sure they find their way around the city and settle in more quickly. In this way, we hope to ease the transition international students face when coming to OsloMet.
If you have completed at least one semester at OsloMet you are qualified to be a Buddy. You should be open-minded and understand the challenges new students have to deal with.
What you get from volunteering
- You will be able to participate in promoting a great international environment at OsloMet.
- You will learn about new cultures and broaden your worldview.
- You will make new friends.
- You will get a chance to practise your English language skills.
- As a Buddy you serve as a cultural ambassador and receive a certificate of participation attesting to this international experience you have gained.
How the Buddy system works
- All new students are assigned a buddy group.
- Due to COVID-19, groups consists of 1 Buddy and 4 new students if restrictions remain as now.
- The Buddies help the group by answering questions, showing them around and facilitate the prosess of getting to know each other.
- Together the group can enjoy all the social activities that takes place at the start of the semester. Be aware that the buddy week might be cancelled or postponed until early February if circumstances remain unfitting.